Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Creamy, colorful and sweet is what this cake is. Serve it for a birthday or any celebration to delight the pickiest of guests!
2 cups heavy cream
8 1/2 ounces whole milk
1 cup sugar
6 egg yolks
2 pounds strawberries, pureed
squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
chopped strawberries (optional)
Combine the cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a gentle boil.
Meanwhile, break the egg yolks and whisk it until it blends well.
Temper the egg yolk and the milk mixture, and put it back in the saucepan.
Bring the mixture to 183 degrees F over low-medium heat, stirring all the time. Remove it from the heat and strain it to avoid any lumps. Cool until it reaches room temperature. Add the strawberry puree, mix well.
Refrigerate overnight, and process in an ice cream maker.
Other Strawberry Cake Recipes You May Enjoy
- Cocnut Strawberry Cake
- Lemon Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry and Pistachio Mousse Cake with Red Berry Geleé
- Black Pepper Sponge Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Cornmeal, Rosemary & Lemon Cake with Rhubarb & Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Cream Puff Cake
- Strawberry Mug Cake
- Sweet & Creamy Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries
- Blackberry & Strawberry Lemon Cakes for Canada Day & Fourth of July