A Sustainable Harvest
Meet Dave Grotto
“Guyatitian” and acclaimed author, Dave Grotto, recommends a list of ten foods to include in a healthy diet. Find out how many you are already eating – and which ones you may want to add to your meals!
When it comes to fruits and veggies, some rank higher than others when it comes to nutrient content. Find out what defines a true “superfruit” and why strawberries are highly recommended by health professionals as part of a healthy diet.
In the Community
California Strawberry Scholarships
The California Strawberry Scholarship Program has awarded more than $1.8 million to hundreds of children of strawberry farmworkers. Countless students and graduates are pursuing their passions and working in careers that span a wide range of professions. Additionally, many return to their hometowns to give back to their local communities and serve as inspirational role models.
Scholarship awards are intended to provide assistance with tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment.
- PRIMARY QUALIFICATION:
First-time applicants must have a parent that is currently employed as a California strawberry fieldworker for the current and prior two harvest seasons. (Applicants may also qualify if they are employed as a California strawberry fieldworker).
- Full-time enrollment in a trade school, community college, four-year university, or graduate/professional program during the period for which scholarship is requested.
- Maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or greater.
- Application and supporting documents
due by February 15, 2015.
DEADLINE: February 15, 2015
Completed ONLINE APPLICATION and all required supporting documents due by this date:
FIRST TIME applicants provide:
- Verification of Employment with a California strawberry grower
- Official high school transcript
- Two current letters of recommendation on letterhead (at least one letter must be from a school teacher or counselor)
- Official college transcript showing final grades from most current completed semester/quarter (at least Fall 2014 or Winter 2015)
- Class Schedule for Winter 2014 or Spring 2015 (Spring term is preferred) Document must show name and/or student number, plus number of units.
For additional information about our scholarship program, contact Dyann Meschi, Scholarship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 831.724.1301.
Support the California Strawberry Growers' Scholarship Fund
Join us in our mission of providing educational opportunities for the children of California strawberry fieldworkers. Your gift helps fulfill dreams of a bright future for these students and their families. Please contact us for any additional information about this program.